Keeping Safe, Feeling Safe Behaviour Lessons
The K.S.F.S Protective Behaviour Lessons is based on the fundamental rights:
“We all have the right to feel safe all the time”
“Nothing is so awful we can’t tell someone about it”
The Keeping Safe, Feeling Safe Protective Behaviour Lessons is a NDIS Service offering a preventive measure to keep your child safe
The principles, themes and strategies of Protective Behaviours apply to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds and level of ability. Everyone can use Protective Behaviours in all aspects of their life.
The Keeping Safe, Feeling Safe Protective Behaviour Lessons explores general problem solving exercises followed by concepts:
- Early warning signs
- Body ownership
- Sexual abuse
- Safe and unsafe secrets
- Assertiveness training
- Personal space/boundaries
- Safe/unsafe touches
- Tricks, treats and bribes
- Safety on the internet
Protective Behaviour Philosophy
- Children own their bodies and minds
- Children have the right to set their own boundaries and decide WHO, WHEN AND WHERE their body is touched
- Children have the right to say NO to any unwanted or unsafe touching
- Children must be informed of dangers including abuse, and taught protective measures to ensure their person safety
Protective behaviours education primarily focuses on prevention and is required because:
- We cannot be with our children 24 hours a day.
- It teaches children to trust their intuitions, acknowledge their feelings and act on them.
- It raises the child’s awareness of potentially dangerous situations.
- It teaches coping skills to deal with all forms of difficult situations including abuse.
- It gives children a voice and helps them to speak up.