Welcome to Phoenix House
Phoenix House is a free confidential counselling service for adults & children & their families, who have experienced sexual violence and/or other forms of harm at any times of their lives.
Phoenix House is a charitable community organisation which has been operating in the Bundaberg area since 1995 and is currently funded by the Queensland Department of Child Safety, Youth & Women and the Federal Department of Social Services.
What is Sexual Violence
Sexual violence includes a range of violent behaviours.
It can include:
- Unwanted touching,
- Sexual harassment and intimidation,
- Coerced sexual activity,
- Sexual assault and rape,
- Intimate partner sexual abuse
- Exposure to pornography
- Sexual harassment through unwanted social media and technology e.g. harassing texts
- Can include other physical violence and threat to life.
- Individual Counselling
- 24-hour crisis response for children, young people & women who have recently been sexually assaulted
- Bumblebees Therapeutic Preschool
- Outreach services within the funded catchment area
- Community support & education